Meet the Governors
Welcome to Barlows Primary School’s Governors Section.
Here you will find general information about governing bodies and more specific information relating to our own school governing body.
Copies of meeting minutes are held in the school office and can be viewed upon request.
Any correspondence for the attention of the governing body should be sent for the attention of :
Mrs Fiona Chambers (Chairperson of the Governing Body)
Barlows Primary School
Roles and Responsibilities
Our school governing body consists of:
- Parent governors (Parents elected by parents)
- Staff governors (School staff elected by school staff)
- Local authority governors (appointed by the local authority)
- Co-opted governors (members of the local community appointed by the governing body)
- Associate governors
The governing body is responsible for ensuring that the school is run to promote pupils’ achievement. The duties of the school governing body include:
- setting strategic direction, policies and objectives
- approving the school budget
- reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives
- appointing, challenging and supporting the headteacher
Governing Body Committees
The governing body meets as a whole group at least 3 times a year for a full governors meeting. The governing body is split up into the following committees:
- Finance, Personnel & Remuneration Committee
- Curriculum Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
- Children’s Centre Committee
- Attendance Committee
2017-2018 Governor Attendance
Information to follow soon
2016-2017 Governor Attendance
Governing Body Information
If you are a governor at the school, please click on the link above (Governor’s Portal) to access the secure Governor Portal area. Please note this area is password protected.