Barlows PTA (Parent Teacher Association)
Joining the PTA is an excellent way to bring together parents, teachers and your local community to raise money and to support the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents, teachers and school staff can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available.
What does a PTA do?
PTA activity can vary from school to school. Here at Barlows the PTA have helped raise funds for a range of school items, from Reception outdoor equipment to Y6 leaver’s gifts, as well as raising money through cake sales and stalls at the Fun Day. These funds benefit all children in the school and are used for the following:
• to help the school provide resources and extras for the pupils
• to run social events for parents and children
• to provide support for school trips and outings and other special events
• to run after school clubs
• to organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place
If you feel that you have some time(no matter how little) and would like to join the PTA then please come along to our meetings which are held at school on the first Friday of each month. The PTA have worked hard raise funds for the school over the years however we also welcome new people to come along and join.
If any parent or friends of the school would like to join our PTA, we would be very interested in meeting with you. Please contact Ms L. Knibb (Year 6 teacher) for further details.