- Year 5 Visit Edge Hill University March 2020
- World Book Day March 2020
- Girls’ Football March 2020
- Year 6 Science February 2020
- Year 5 and 6 Family Learning Projects January 2020
- Year 6 Visit to LJMU – November 2019
- Liverpool Junior Lord Mayor – November 2019
- UK Parliament Week November 2019
- Booky Breakfast
- World Book Day 2019
Year 6 Visit to LJMU – November 2019
Year 6 Visit Liverpool John Moores University – November 2019
In the animal behaviour workshop, Year 6 found out about some of the aspects involved in a Zoology course. The children discussed different animal behaviours such as hibernation, migration and camouflage- studying the extraordinary case of the mimic octopus!
Whilst learning about midwifery, the children handled different medical equipment such as stethoscopes and blood pressure monitors and found out about working in different places such as hospitals and within the community. The children enjoyed learning about a baby’s growth throughout gestation by comparing the baby to the sizes of different fruits and vegetables.
Many children have come back to school feeling inspired about their futures and some have even looked further into some of their interests. Holly said “I went onto the university website when I got home to find out more information about midwifery as this is something I think I would like to do when I am older.”